SPECIAL OFFER: Free .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, .BIZ, or .US domain with annual hosting plans.
Domain Special Promotion Terms
By taking part in the promotion you agree to Canvas Host's terms and conditions.
- This offer is valid on the first year of new .ME, .NINJA, .ACTOR, .DANCE, .PUB, .REVIEWS, .ROCKS, and .SOCIAL domain registrations.
- This offer applies to new sales only and is not applicable for renewals.
- This offer is valid to all customers and new customers.
- Domains renew at their normal, non-discounted rates after the initial contract period has completed.
- Offer will run until the April 30, 2015.
- Canvas Host reserves the right to end this offer at any time.
- Normal cancellation policies apply.
- All of our standard Terms and Conditions for other services apply and take precedence over these terms where there may be a conflict.
Transfer a domain name to Canvas Host!
Consolidate your Web hosting and domain management into one place.
Canvas Host can manage and renew your domains for you. Simply transfer your domain(s) from your current registrar to us, and we will ensure your domains are renewed and never accidentally transferred away.
Please note, transferring a domain is not the same as migrating your Web site to us. Please see our article on Web site migration for more information.
To transfer your domains to us, follow these steps.
- Turn off registrar lock and private registration for any domains you wish to transfer to us. This is done by logging into the administration panel at the registrar that currently manages your domains. If you have any doubt about the status of the domain, please contact your registrar directly and request these two changes be made immediately.
- Have your registrar issue you an “authorization code” for each domain. The Authorization code may be called an “EPP Code”, “Auth Info, or “Auth Key”. Every registrar calls it something different.
- Sign up for a domain transfer and renewal in our online support system. You’ll be asked to enter the domain name and authorization code that you obtained in Step 2, for each domain you wish to transfer. Once you place your order, we’ll initiate the transfer process.
- An email with a confirmation link and instructions will be sent to the administrative email address on file for your domain(s). You will need to click on the link in that email. This will take you to a transfer authorization page. At the bottom of the page is a form. Select “I Approve” and submit the form.Please check your inbox carefully for the email. It will contain the following FROM and SUBJECT headers:
FROM: Canvas Host LLC <email@example.com>
SUBJECT: Domain Transfer Request for (YOUR DOMAIN NAME)
- After submitting the form, your current registrar will send you a confirmation email as well, to verify that you truly wish to transfer the domain away from them and over to Canvas Host for management. Just as you did in the previous step, you will need to click on a link in that email message and confirm on the registrar’s Web site by submitting a form to verify you want the domain transferred to us.
- You will need to respond as soon as possible to ensure the transfer goes through. Some registrars cancel requests within 48 hours of no response. Others may wait up to five days before cancelling the request. If your request is cancelled, Canvas Host will have to initiate a new transfer request and start the entire process over.
- Finally, most registrars place a 60-day transfer lock on new domain registrations or recent renewals. If you have registered or renewed a domain in the past 60 days, you may not be able to transfer it to Canvas Host until the 60-day hold period has passed.
- If you have any questions regarding any emails you receive, simply forward them to Canvas Host and we’ll process them ourselves.