It has always been the policy of Canvas Host to ensure our practices are environmentally responsible in accordance with our philosophy of sustainability.
As a Web hosting business we are keenly aware of the environmental impact caused by our industry, including the manufacturing and use of computer hardware and network infrastructure, the continuous draw of electricity, and our day-to-day business operations.
We are committed to continual improvement of our company’s environmental impact through the following processes:
- The use of 100% new, renewable, locally-generated energy to power our facility
- Research and development of new technologies that are more energy efficient and whose manufacturing results in less waste
- Employee-paid mass transit, encouraged bicycling and carpooling to reduce impact from staff commuting
- Participation in certified e-cycling for responsible waste stream management
- Planting one new tree in the local community for every customer that signs up for service
- Providing education for our customers and vendors to demonstrate environmental responsibility and effect positive change within their lives and businesses
- A sustainability path of metrics, review, to continue improving on all of our programs and policies as administered by a third-party analyst
Canvas Host remains committed to minimizing our environmental impact and ensuring all of our business decisions and actions are in alignment with this Environmental Policy.
David Anderson, Principal
Canvas Host, LLC